Salary details: c.£60,000, negotiable based on experience
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Hybrid (flexible, min. 3 days a week in the office)
OKRE (Opening Knowledge across Research and Entertainment), is an organisation at the heart of the entertainment industry. It was established in 2020 to help TV, film and gaming creators deliver the best audience experiences by connecting them with breakthrough research and lived experience.
OKRE works with organisations across the ecosystem, spearheading a number of initiatives as part of its mission is to connect the industry, spark projects and create serendipity. It does this by acting as a catalyst for the industry through the OKRE Network and the OKRE Fund.
While the impact of our work reaches everyone who consumes entertainment, whether through TV, Film or Videogames, as a charitable organisation we work most closely with content commissioners, creators and sector leaders. We activate our network and our fund via research, major events and workshops.
We achieve our mission in the following ways:
- The OKRE Network – We manage a network including game developers, screenwriters, television producers, film directors, charitable foundations, funders, academics, universities and research institutions. Through the network members, we make connections across sectors and industries, and convene organisations, leading to exciting projects and transformative insights.
- The OKRE Fund – The Fund is the venture arm of OKRE’s work, providing early-stage funding to imaginative and collaborative projects across research and entertainment. OKRE Funded projects currently in development include videogames, TV, feature and audio dramas, comedies and immersive projects.
- OKRE Events – OKRE run on and offline events to boost and develop the network and activate collaboration across sectors. Our flagship event is the OKRE Summit which brings together content creators from across film, television, games, podcasting and social media with philanthropic funders and leaders from the charity sector.
About the role
Telling our story through our marketing and reaching our highly influential ecosystem is an essential aspect of our raison d’etre. We are a highly impactful organisation thanks to the trusted and respected relationships we have at the heart of the entertainment industry – we want to build on this. With that in mind we are looking for someone with a vision and ability to deliver our ambition for brand growth and recognition, driving engagement at scale across our communities.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the executive team responsible for driving the organisation forward, reporting to the Director of OKRE. You’ll ensure that OKRE is a relatable, credible and trustworthy broker between the sectors, and will raise awareness of our objectives and activities with key audiences and stakeholders.
You will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Shape and deliver an impactful marketing programme and plan for OKRE which delivers and exceeds objectives.
- Lead, develop, and manage internal and external communications and mass marketing, to reach, grow and engage with the organisation’s target audiences.
- Contribute to the development of KPI’s to measure and learn from all marketing activities and provide regular reporting and analysis against these.
- Develop inventive ways to collaborate with our partners and identify new co-marketing opportunities.
- Ensure that we have a strong digital presence, through ongoing development of our website, social media channels and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Oversee creation and dissemination of content created to appeal to our key audiences, including across email, social media, multimedia (including podcasts), traditional media and web.
- Develop OKRE’s brand, key messages and tone of voice: ensuring this is central and consistent across all creative projects and platforms.
- Confident to operate at a high strategic level whilst also happy to nimbly execute without the need for a large team or expansive budgets.
- A keen eye for detail, a creative and lateral thinker.
- Experience of by working closely with highly engaged and experienced board and board advisors.
- A love of film, gaming, TV or all three, with an eye for both the big picture as well as a passion for the detail.
- Able to hire, coach and manage a small team (you will be responsible for appointing a Community Manager/ Copywriter to support you in this role as well as later down the line a Senior Communications Advisor).
- Have a good understanding of social media (primarily LinkedIn) and be able to take responsibility for this as our main owned communication channel.