Role: Head of Marketing & Communications
Salary: c £55k Full-time equivalent
Contract type: Permanent (part-time, 4 days a week)
Closing date: Currently Recruiting
Flexible working available. We are open to a wide range of locations and working patterns, please ask.
We are looking for an experienced, strategic and creative Head of Marketing & Communications.
You will have proven experience of developing marketing & communications strategies that deliver measurable results for organisations. You will be skilled in all aspects of marketing and communications, particularly communications strategy, content planning and production, copywriting, on and offline events, social media strategy, reputation management, media relations, paid marketing, branding and stakeholder engagement.
Reporting to the Director, the Head of Marketing & Communications is a key role in ensuring OKRE achieves its charitable and business objectives. You’ll ensure that OKRE is a relatable, credible and trustworthy broker between the sectors, and will raise awareness of our objectives and activities with key audiences and stakeholders.
- Work with the Director and senior stakeholders to develop and deliver marketing, communications, and content strategies to achieve OKRE’s charitable mission and business objectives
- Oversee all OKRE communications channels, including media, email, social media, web and stakeholder communications
- Manage OKRE paid marketing activity, including paid social media, asset creation, and digital marketing.
- Oversee creation and dissemination of content created to appeal to our key audiences, including across email, social media, multimedia (including podcasts), traditional media and web.
- Develop OKRE’s brand, key messages and tone of voice: ensuring this is central and consistent across all creative projects and platforms
- Act as brand guardian across OKRE partnership work
- Be the key contact advising on reputational issues affecting OKRE, including creation of a robust crisis communications plan
- Sign off on marketing and communications plans for all OKRE activities and ensure marketing and communications activity is delivered on-time, on-budget and in line with our organisational objectives
- Lead on PR, marketing and sales strategy for our annual OKRE Summit
- Working with the Director, advise on communications aspects of our fundraising strategy, including developing assets and reporting to funders
- Act as an ambassador for OKRE
- Manage more junior members of the team working on Comms
- Manage freelance members of the team working on Comms and Events
- Demonstrable experience leading and delivering strategic marketing & communications projects across paid, earned, owned and shared channels.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas with diverse audiences across a range of channels
- Experience planning and delivering communications campaigns for projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience of advising on business operations from a reputational standpoint
- Experience of multi-channel communications campaigns
- Digital literacy, including a knowledge of WordPress, CRM systems and marketing automation systems
- Ability to use data and audience insights to optimise communications and report back to Trustee Board
- Knowledge and interest in entertainment sector communications
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Existing network of journalist contacts across entertainment, charity and academic media outlets
- Experience of managing podcast creation
- Experience managing Google Ad Grants
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature
- Calm and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Willingness to be hands-on as well as strategic
OKRE® is a charity supporting the creation of original entertainment that challenges our perceptions. Our work is broken down into four broad strands:
- The OKRE Network – We manage a free-to-join curated network including game developers, screenwriters, television producers, film directors, charitable foundations, funders, academics, universities and research institutions. Through the network we help members make connections we know will be of real and immediate value to both sides.
- The OKRE Fund – The Fund is the venture arm of OKRE’s work, providing early-stage funding to imaginative and collaborative projects in research and entertainment. OKRE Funded projects currently in development include dramas, comedies and games.
- OKRE events – OKRE run on and offline events to encourage collaboration across sectors. Our flagship event is the OKRE Summit which brings together content creators from across film, television, games, podcasting and social media with charities. You can read more about the OKRE Summit 2022 here.
- Reports and insight – We produce content that provides an insight into how to successfully collaborate across sectors in order to tackle issues including poverty, climate change and mental health. This includes our industry reports, upcoming podcast series and written and video content on the OKRE Content Hub.