Salary details: c.£77,000, negotiable based on experience
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Hybrid (flexible, min. 3 days a week in the office)
OKRE (Opening Knowledge across Research and Entertainment), is an organisation at the heart of the entertainment industry. It was established in 2020 to help TV, film and gaming creators deliver the best audience experiences by connecting them with breakthrough research and lived experience.
OKRE works with organisations across the ecosystem, spearheading a number of initiatives as part of its mission is to connect the industry, spark projects and create serendipity. It does this by acting as a catalyst for the industry through the OKRE Network and the OKRE Fund.
While the impact of our work reaches everyone who consumes entertainment, whether through TV, Film or Videogames, as a charitable organisation we work most closely with content commissioners, creators and sector leaders. We activate our network and our fund via research, major events and workshops.
We achieve our mission in the following ways:
- The OKRE Network – We manage a network including game developers, screenwriters, television producers, film directors, charitable foundations, funders, academics, universities and research institutions. Through the network members, we make connections across sectors and industries, and convene organisations, leading to exciting projects and transformative insights.
- The OKRE Fund – The Fund is the venture arm of OKRE’s work, providing early-stage funding to imaginative and collaborative projects across research and entertainment. OKRE Funded projects currently in development include videogames, TV, feature and audio dramas, comedies and immersive projects.
- OKRE Events – OKRE run on and offline events to boost and develop the network and activate collaboration across sectors. Our flagship event is the OKRE Summit which brings together content creators from across film, television, games, podcasting and social media with philanthropic funders and leaders from the charity sector.
About the role
We are now entering the next phase of our growth and are seeking an experienced individual to head up our Operations Team and ensure the organisation is supported and equipped to meet its ambitious goals and objectives internally and externally. You’ll be motivated by the opportunity and understand the challenges of operationally scaling a start-up, especially one working with the dynamic entertainment industries.
You’ll have the ability to calmly and effectively prioritise fast changing and competing demands and ensure OKRE has appropriate processes and systems to deliver our vision and mission and scale. You will also have exceptional financial acumen, with day-to-day oversight and reporting of our budget, including the operation of the OKRE Fund.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the executive team, reporting to the Director of OKRE.
You will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Deliver and ensure high standards of financial management, record keeping and data management with regular accurate reporting across the organisation and to external stakeholders.
- Perform confidently and effectively in operational management role, using strong analytical skills to review, constructively scrutinise, streamline and improve processes, policies and systems.
- Effectively manage the operations team and service providers, using a collaborative and engaging leadership style that helps to shape and support an inclusive learning culture.
- Harness innovation and continuous improvement, with the ability to solve problems and make sound decisions at pace.
- Actively measure, monitor and manage business operational performance, identifying targets and ensuring they are met, and outcomes realised.
- Manage the operational regulatory requirements for a registered charity and limited company.
- Handle responses for commercial consultancy support, working with the Director and OKRE team members to develop compelling and commercially competitive proposals.
- Demonstrate and role model excellent project management skills for own projects and those you support.
- Confident with analysing and reporting, building efficient and effective processes to give the organisation visibility over plans, activities and finances, taking responsibility for driving operational performance improvement.
- Commercial mindset, proactively seeking new ways to help OKRE grow and become more efficient and effective.
- Highly practical and pragmatic with a hands-on approach.
- Highly adaptable, and capable of working in a dynamic and fast-growing international charity.
- Self-starter and good communicator, able to garner internal and external support.
- Highly competent in managing teams or projects, including budgets and line and/or task management of team members.